Online auto insurance shopping is free and your best bet for finding affordable insurance that fits your specific auto insurance needs. Online insurance shopping can provide you with quotes, comparisons, and information that will help you make informed choices.
To easily find information about online auto insurance you can go directly to Auto Insurance.com; or do a search in Google or any search engine for your specific type of auto insurance coverage.
Auto insurance coverage includes
* fault or no fault
* bodily injury
* property damage
* medical payments
* personal injury protection
* uninsured/underinsured motorist
You can do a search by entering any of the above auto insurance coverages. Use the word that specifically addresses your needs.
You can also try these words to look for affordable online coverage.
* auto insurance
* auto coverage
* auto quotes
When looking for good online auto insurance coverage, it is also important to know the insurance laws for your particular state. For instance
* 11 states have no-fault auto insurance laws;
* 12 states have laws regarding restrictions on the right to sue, and
* 24 states have laws that allow for compensation from their own insurers. This information was found by doing a search of no-fault and fault. 
What To Look For
* To find the insurance laws for your state go to your search engine and type in the name of your state and DMV. You can find a wealth of information at your state DMV. To find the DMV for your state just type in your search engine your state and DMV.
* If you buy a brand new car such as a Corvette, which is an Exotic car you might get a better insurance deal by going to a specialty insurance company. Try starting your search at Buy Classic Cars.com 
* If you are a teen or the parent of a teen looking for lower priced insurance, there are insurance companies that offer extras such as driver education programs and discounts for teen drivers. The Y.E.S. (You’re Essential to Safety) program at Farmers.com is a good example.
* Your premium can also depend on the sticker price, safety record, theft record, and cost to repair your car. You can find more about this information at Auto Insurance.com. 
Some insurance companies provide both car and home insurance; and you can receive discounts for buying all your insurance in the same place. Check with your selected insurance company.
The benefits of acquiring auto insurance knowledge are
* reduced rates,
* safer driving
* peace of mind
Even if you decide to purchase your auto insurance coverage in a physical office, it is a good idea to find out as much as you can online . Make sure you go with a specialty insurance company if you own a classic, antique, or collectible car. Check out all options such as teen insurance, state laws, and quotes and comparisons. Gaining pre-knowledge is essential to getting the very best in auto insurance coverage.
Auto insurance references used: