Tax Return Form

* Which Tax Return Form Should You Use? *

Tax return forms are virtually the most complex forms there are around. If you are like a lot of people in the United States, you are going to try to file your income taxes on your own. If so, you will certainly want to fill out the most uncomplicated tax return form feasible. Take a moment first! You need to take a little time to figure out which tax return form is the right one for you before you start to reach for the 1040-EZ form. You might just discover that it would be better for your wallet to take the time completing the long form.

> Form 1040EZ

The Form 1040EZ is the shortest and easiest IRS form there is. People can utilize this form if the following items pertain to you.

You are single or filing jointly as married. If you are married and filing individually or filing head of household, you cannot use Form 1040EZ.
You are 64 years of age or younger. Your spouse must also be under 65 years of age if you propose to file a joint return. Also, if you file jointly, if you or your spouse turned 65 on January 1, you are not able to use this form.
Throughout the preceding tax year, if filing a joint return, you must not have been legally blind.
You have not acquired interest income over $1,500.
Either singly or jointly with your spouse, your income is less than $100,000
You do not have any dependents.

Unfortunately, utilizing Form 1040EZ does restrict the way people are able to decrease their taxes. You will be alright utilizing this form if you do not have any itemized deductions, for instance, earned income credit or student loan interest.

> Form 1040A

The Form 1040A can be utilized by any of the filing status selections that are presented. The filing statuses consist of single, married filing jointly, married filing separately, qualifying widow or widower, or head of household. Additionally, people who utilize this form can claim extra deductions that are not obtainable to 1040EZ tax return form users. Some examples of these deductions are education tax credits, earned income credit, retirement savings credits and the child tax credit.

People can utilize Form 1040A if the following items pertain to you.

Your taxable income, or for persons filing jointly, their combined income, is less than $100,000.
The only income adjustments you claim are jury duty pay to your employer, IRA contributions, and penalties on early removal of savings and student loan interest payments.
You will not be itemizing your deductions.

> Form 1040

The Form 1040 is the form to use if you wish to itemize your deductions, possess intricate investments or have higher taxable income.

When this form is utilized, there is generally extra paperwork that will be required to be filed. The reason for this is that there are numerous tax credits that can only be obtained when you use Form 1040. However, there can be a lot of money to be had by using the credits available to you on this form, although the form takes some additional effort to complete.

You should utilize Form 1040 if the following pertain to you.

You desire to itemize your deductions.
You obtained income from a property sale.
Your income, or combined income if filing jointly, is over $100,000
You received self-employment income.

This article should give you an idea of what tax return form to use. If you are uncertain on which tax return form is the perfect one for you, always seek advice from your tax expert.